If you haven't read it yet, see <<Part 1 (Monday/Thursday-Chest, Triceps, Delts)
So how I want to post my current lifting routine is by going step by step on what I do on each day and go into details on why I do what I do. This is going to be a multi-post thing. Every post will be each day of my routine split with a quick view summary at the top and then an in depth analysis into how and why. After those, I will go over dieting and other parts of my routine.
It’s important, in my opinion, to understand that a routine isn’t just a list of motions to do. It’s almost a lifestyle you perform in and out of the gym. You can’t just go – “Oh give me your routine.” and copy another successful person’s lifting routine. You need to understand why and how to do the routine correctly too.
For these first few posts, I will go over my routine in the gym. Second post now…
Tuesday and Friday – Biceps, Back & Lats, Forearms, Traps
I split my lifting days into 2 split sets of 3 days, Monday – Saturday, 6 days at the gym. The second day of the set is Biceps, Back and Lats, Forearms, and Traps which I do every Tuesday and Friday. I go for about 1.5 – 2 hours.
Here’s a quick overview of how today looks for me:
- Preacher Curls (EZ Bar) – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Hammer Curls – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls (Standing) – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Seated Lat Row – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Forearm Curls (Dumbbells Standing) – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Forearm Extensions (Barbell Seated) – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Lat Pullovers (Seated Machine) – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Alternative: Standing Front Lat Pushdowns (Wide Grip Bar) – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- HIIT Cardio – 15-20mins (Optional, very good for cutting fat with little muscle loss)
That’s what a Tuesday and Friday lift day looks like to me. Read on more for the details, I highly recommend doing so ->