If you haven't read it yet, see <<Part 2 (Tuesday/Friday-Bicep, Back/Lats, Forearms, Traps)
So how I want to post my current lifting routine is by going step by step on what I do on each day and go into details on why I do what I do. This is going to be a multi-post thing. Every post will be each day of my routine split with a quick view summary at the top and then an in depth analysis into how and why. After those, I will go over dieting and other parts of my routine.
It’s important, in my opinion, to understand that a routine isn’t just a list of motions to do. It’s almost a lifestyle you perform in and out of the gym. You can’t just go – “Oh give me your routine.” and copy another successful person’s lifting routine. You need to understand why and how to do the routine correctly too.
For these first few posts, I will go over my routine in the gym. Third post now…
Wednesday and Saturday – Legs and Abs (Leg Day)
I split my lifting days into 2 split sets of 3 days, Monday – Saturday, 6 days at the gym. The third day of the set is Legs and Abs which I do every Wednesday and Saturday. I go for about 1.5 hours.
Here’s a quick overview of how today looks for me:
- Leg Press – 4-6 sets x 12-30 reps
- Alternative or Additional lift: Squats (Barbell + Squat Rack — You should have 2 spotters) [Alternative does not replace Leg Press, put Leg Press somewhere else]
- Ab Torso Rotation Machine – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Alternative Exercise: Weighted Floor Oblique Twist
- Leg Extensions – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Leg Curls – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Calf Raises – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Seated Ab Crunch – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Alternative or Additional Exercises: Weighted Decline Crunches, Hanging Leg Lifts
- I do not do HITT Cardio on this day. If you’re able to walk out of the gym without looking funny, you didn’t do leg day well enough. You definitely shouldn’t be doing or able to do cardio.)
That’s what a Wednesday and Saturday lift day looks like to me. Read on more for the details, I recommend doing so ->