So how I want to post my current lifting routine is by going step by step on what I do on each day and go into details on why I do what I do. This is going to be a multi-post thing. Every post will be each day of my routine split with a quick view summary at the top and then an in depth analysis into how and why. After those, I will go over dieting and other parts of my routine.
It’s important, in my opinion, to understand that a routine isn’t just a list of motions to do. It’s almost a lifestyle you perform in and out of the gym. You can’t just go – “Oh give me your routine.” and copy another successful person’s lifting routine. You need to understand why and how to do the routine correctly too.
For these first few posts, I will go over my routine in the gym. Starting with…
Monday and Thursday – Chest, Triceps, and Delts
I split my lifting days into 2 split sets of 3 days, Monday – Saturday, 6 days at the gym. The first day of the set is Chest, Triceps, and Delts which I do every Monday and Thursday. I go for about 1.5 – 2 hours.
Here’s a quick overview of how today looks for me:
- Incline Dumbbell Chest Press – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Skullcrushers – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Rear Delt Flyes – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Butterfly Machine (Pec Flyes) – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Tricep Pushdown – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Delt Side Lateral Raise – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raise – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- Cable Crossover – 4 sets x 10-14 reps
- HIIT Cardio – 15-20mins (Optional, very good for cutting fat with little muscle loss)
That’s what a Monday and Thursday lift day looks like to me. Read on more for the details, I highly recommend doing so ->